Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I Found my 8th Grade Diary & Secret Notes. Dear Diary Installment #1:


The year is 1987. It is my first year in public school. I no longer have to wear uniforms. I am 13 years old ... 5'11" and wear a 36C bra. I am gorgeous but don't know it. I am incredibly awkward (still am). Public school kids are a totally new concept. Every day I am trying to figure out how to fit in. And then there is this boy I am totally crushing on. It's not my now husband. He's in my classes too ... but he's the guy I can't stand. This never-finished book is mostly about Craig ... and it starts over half way through the school year ...

April 2nd, 1987:

"Dear Diary,

I don't know exactly where to start. See, I wrote a letter to Craig Reynolds asking him if he would like to go out with me. It was a courageous thing to do! Well anyway, he said "Yes". But he didn't say it to my face. I had the guts enough to come out and ask him, why couldn't he at least tell me "Yes" in a letter. I'm not mad. I just wanna know if he really cares about me. I guess I love him. It's hard to say. People say that I made a real bad mistake. How will I know? It's only been a day. Maybe tomorrow he'll open up. I'll tell you tomorrow.

I want to write more but I don't think I should. This is enough for one day.

Love,
Jodi"

Wisdom of this entry: It's hard to know if it's true love, when it's only been a day.

No comments: